The MY Baby’s 1st Coalition is a community-wide initiative to reduce infant mortality and eliminate birth outcomes in Mahoning County and Youngstown.
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) and a national group called CityMatch are working with nine communities in Ohio to help stop babies from dying. The Ohio Equity Institute teams (OEI) will work together to find out why babies in their communities are dying and to stop it from happening!
MY Baby’s 1st Coalition Priorities Are:
- Increase Progesterone Use to Prevent Preterm Birth
- Expand Empowering Moms/Resource Mothers
- Educate on Safe Sleep Environment
- Implement CenteringPregnancy
- Promot Breastfeeding
- Increase Birth Spacing
- Connect Pregnant Women to a Healthy Pregnancy